Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stop Sending me Forwards and Spam





I wonder really, when did Forwards first come into existence?
Who made them?
Was it some lonely teen? Sitting all alone in front of his computer monitor, typing away on his brand new Intel 133?
Was he so attention starved that he decided to cook up some story about an evil monkey that has made the internet its home, and that you have to forward the email to 300 of your friends, or else the evil monkey will take a diarrhea dump on your head by midnight.

Who the hell would be so stupid as to believe that?

Apparently, everyone I know.

And if those aren’t bad enough, you’ve got the friendship forwards.
They go something like this:
If you are my friend and blah blah blah…Send this message back to me.

Why?

Does it look like I’m sitting here with nothing better to do except send you back, the same message you sent me?
Does hitting the reply button make me a good friend?
Or do people just want proof that they exist?

And what’s up with people and penis enlargement?
How big of an idiot do you have to believe that using an air pump will actually work?
And who the hell came up with the idea in the first place?

Actually, I’ve got a better question, who discovered how to milk a cow? And what was he doing at that moment?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amjad said...

yeah, forward e-mails really get on my nerves ... They're so annoying. Sometimes I even delete them without bothering to read them.

Amjad said...

forgot to mention that actually some people believe it when the forward says for instance: "If you break this chance you will have bad luck for life!" or something like that.

it's really pathetic.

David Long said...

I dont so much mind the forward emails. what bothers me is it essentially is sharing our addresss with everyone who gets the email, ie SPAMMERS.